Today, the touchscreen is widely used on many laptops and tablets. In addition, manufacturers are trying to improve the user experience with the touch screen. This is a really good thing for users who don’t want to use external input devices such as a keyboard.
Unfortunately, there are some problems that can occur with the touch screen, and the problem of the Lenovo touch screen not working has already been reported by many users. If your Lenovo touchscreen is not working, you may need to disconnect all devices and reboot your device before trying any technical solutions.
If your Lenovo touch screen is still not working, here are some methods you can use to solve the problem.
Why isn’t the Lenovo touchscreen working?
This probably means that the problem is with the touchscreen itself. According to several users, their screens worked when the laptop was taken out of the box. However, after recent upgrades or due to a hardware malfunction, the screen stopped working.
This problem can occur for many reasons, such as a corrupt touchscreen driver, a Windows update that conflicts with the module, etc. We’ve listed a few workarounds you can try. Start with the first one and work your way down.
How to repair Lenovo’s non-functioning touchscreen?
Perform an SFC scan
- Go to Start, type cmd, and click “Run as administrator” to run the command line.
- Enter the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scan to finish, then restart your computer. Any corrupt files will be replaced on reboot.
- Install the latest Windows updates
- Make sure that you have the latest Windows operating system updates installed on your computer.
- Microsoft is constantly releasing updates to improve system stability and fix various problems.
If the touchscreen issue is a common bug in Windows 10, it’s likely that Microsoft has already released a fix for it.
To go to Windows Update, simply type “Update” in the search box.
Then go to Windows Update, check for updates, and install any available updates.
Run the built-in Windows troubleshooter
Windows 10 also has a built-in troubleshooter that you can use to fix common technical issues. For touchscreen problems, the best solution is to run the hardware and device troubleshooter.
- Go to Settings, click on Update and Security, select Troubleshooting, and run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
- After the troubleshooter completes the analysis, restart your computer and see if the problem persists.
- Remove and enable the HID-enabled touch screen
- Open the Start menu and look for Device Manager. In the results list, click Device Manager to open it.
- Go to Human Interface Devices and expand it.
- Locate the HID-enabled touchscreen.
- Right-click on it and select Disable. You may be asked if you are sure you want to disable it, so click Yes.
- Right-click on the HID-enabled touchscreen again and select Enable.
- Your touchscreen device should now work.
Deactivating and reactivating HID-compatible touch screen
This is a fairly simple solution that has worked for other touchscreen devices and may also help you with your Lenovo touchmonitor.
- Open Start and search for Device Manager. Click on Device Manager in the list of results to open it.
- When you open Device Manager, go to the Devices section in the user interface and expand it.
- Under User Interface Devices you will find a HID compatible touch screen.
- Right-click and select Disable. You may be asked if you are sure you want to turn it off. Then click on Yes.
- Right-click again on the HID-compatible touchscreen and select Enable.
- Your touchscreen device should then work.
January 2022 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can quickly solve IT problems and prevent others from suffering:
Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
As you can see, this is a simple fix, and users report successfully solving touch screen issues on devices from other manufacturers. However, there is no reason not to try it with the Lenovo touch monitor.
If you are looking for other solutions for Lenovo touchscreen devices, we recently discussed Lenovo Edge 15 touchscreen repair. You might want to check that out too.
If you want to know how to disable touch screen in Windows 10, read this article to know what to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a broken Lenovo touchscreen?
Go to Settings -> Update and Security -> Troubleshooting -> Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. See if the problem can be fixed. Depending on your device model, go to Lenovo’s official website to download and reinstall the touchscreen driver.
Why isn’t the touchscreen working on my Lenovo?
Simply turn off your computer completely. Wait a few seconds, then unplug from the power outlet. Now press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Plug the computer back in and the touchscreen should work.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen?
Remove the plastic from the phone, if there is one.
If the device is wet, wipe it dry.
Uninstall any recently installed third-party apps.
Recalibrate the touchscreen.
Reboot your device.
How do I activate the touch screen on my laptop?
- Select the search box on the taskbar.
- Enter Device Manager.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
- Select the HID-enabled touch screen.
- Select Action at the top of the window.
- Select Activate Device.
- Verify that the touchscreen is working.
If none of the above methods allow you to fix an unresponsive touch monitor, you may need to contact Lenovo Support. They will help you solve the problem and repair or replace the device.
Thanks to Admin to Allow me Share this Post