The HP printer driver not being available is common issue users have encountered in the past few years. If your HP printer driver is unavailable, it’ll cause problems while printing, scanning, copying, and other functions. We’ve mentioned the solutions to fix your “HP printer driver is unavailable windows 10” issue. This guide will help you to resolve the HP driver issues.
Why your HP printer says Driver unavailable?
There are a few causes of the “driver unavailable printer HP” error. Once you find out the primary cause, you can easily fix the problem in your HP printer. We’ve mentioned the basic causes of the HP printer driver not available error below–
- HP printer driver is corrupt
- Drivers are outdated
- HP printer driver is unavailable
- Contents in the spooler are corrupt
- System or drivers are incompatible
- Drivers for the HP printer are missing.
Fix 1- Update Your Windows 10/11
HP printer driver unavailable windows 10 error message could result from outdated Windows updates. In this case, you should quickly install the available Windows updates.
- Open the start menu.
- Enter Update.
- Click on Check For Updates in the first result.
- If available, Windows will automatically install on your PC.
- Restart the PC after the installation completes.
Start your HP printer and retry printing. If you still see Driver is unavailable printer HP error, then take another action.
Fix 2 – Reinstall HP Printer Drivers
Reinstalling HP printer drivers means uninstalling older drivers and installing new ones on windows. So, when your Device says the HP printer driver is unavailable, try reinstallation. Here’s how you can do it using the device manager.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R, and it’ll open the Run dialogue box.
- Carefully, enter this – devmgmt.msc.
- Then, press Enter or click OK.
- Your HP printer displays. Expand and right-click on the HP model and select the Uninstall device option.
- Confirm the uninstallation of the HP printer driver.
- You can directly go to the HP manufacturer site and select your HP model.
- Then, enter your HP model name in the box and click Submit.
Download the latest driver setup for your HP printer and install it.
Fix 3 – Start Spooler service
To fix HP printer driver unavailable windows 10 error, you should also restart the spooler service to make sure to add contents. If the spooler service stops, you cannot reinstall or uninstall an HP driver.
- Click Start and right-click to MY COMPUTER.
- Click on Manage and double–click on SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS.
- Open services.
- Highlight the PRINT SPOOLER on Services.
- Hit on START THE SERVICE.
- If starting the spooler service doesn’t fix the driver unavailable printer HP error, it’s not the spooler service issue but something else.
Fix 4 – Remove and Reconnect Your HP Printer
Sometimes the HP printer doesn’t recognize the PC connection and drivers, so “HP printer driver is unavailable” or “driver is unavailable printer hp” and other error messages. Try the below steps to get rid of such error messages.
- Open the control panel in your windows.
- Open the devices and printers tab further.
- The connected HP printer should be displayed now.
- Select your HP model causing the issue and right-click on it.
- Select Remove Device.
- Now, press Windows + R, enter devmgmt.msc, and hit OK.
- Open Print queues and right-click on your printer model.
- Click Uninstall device.
- Again, press Windows + R, enter appwiz.cpl, and click OK.
- Right-click and again select uninstall.
- Now, your HP printer should be disconnected from all the above processes. Ensure to disconnect the USB or the wireless connection as well.
- Shut down all your devices, including the HP printer, computer, and router.
- Wait for at least 10 to 15 minutes, reconnect all devices to power, and restart.
- Connect your HP model and the computer using the USB cable or wireless connection.
- Open Control Panel in your Windows 10 system and right-click to open Device.
- Then, click on your HP model and choose the option to select as the default printer.
- Now, you should try testing a print on your HP printer to see whether the “HP printer driver not available” error has been removed or not.
Printer Won’t Connect? Here’s How to Fix it
Printers are of great use. But, like most devices, they are not immune to problems. One such problem we often struggle with is the one where the printer refuses to connect.
There isn’t one particular reason behind the printer’s connectivity issue. But, don’t despair. You can solve the problem easily using the fixes in this article.
You can start by verifying that the printer and the computer are connected properly. In the case of wireless printers, check the internet connection and turn on Bluetooth. Or, if it’s a wired printer, take a good look at the USB cable to detect any damages. You can find more effective fixes as you read further.
How To Fix Printer Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
Restarting can work like a charm if the printer isn’t connecting. You can do this by shutting it down and then, turning it back on.
To do this, press and hold the power button. If the printer shuts down, you can then turn on the printer. In case the printer didn’t shut down, you can unplug the printer and plug it in back again to restart.
If your printer still won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you can check out the solutions listed below.
Keep Printer and Router Close
The connection issue of the Wi-Fi printer also comes up if it is farther from the router. Despite a strong Wi-Fi connection, the printer might not pick up signals if it’s not close to the router. So, we recommend you place the printer in the vicinity of the router.
Reset Printer Network Settings
If the printer is having connection issues, resetting its network settings can also provide relief. When the printer’s network settings are reset, they will return to default. This gives the printer a fresh start.
Now, this process might differ with every printer type, model, and manufacturing company. So, here’s a demo of how you reset the HP Officejet Pro 8000 printer’s network settings.
- Print the network page by pressing and holding the Cancel button for about three seconds.
- Now, press and hold the Power button.
- Then, press the Network button twice.
- After that, print a network configuration page by pressing the Cancel button thrice.
- At last, release the Power button.
Router Firmware Update
Wireless routers have security flaws that put the entire network at risk. Such routers end up compromising the network’s security and performance. So, to keep it safe, updating router firmware is vital. You can do that with the steps below.
- Plug the router into the computer via an ethernet cable.
- Then, download the firmware update available on the router’s manufacturer’s website.
- Next, try to log into the router’s web management page.
- Once logged in, choose the downloaded firmware update for the router.
Router Firmware UpdateRouter Firmware Update
- Restart the router to finish the update.
Connect the Printer to the Router
You can plug it directly into the router if the printer does not connect to Wi-Fi. Here are the steps you can take to connect the printer to the router. Also, you can only apply this fix if your router has a USB port.
- Search for a USB port on the router.
- Then, plug the printer into the router via a USB cable.
- Now, turn on the printer.
After that, wait for a minute before you run your printer. Then, check if it connects to the network.
In the case of Wi-Fi printers, VPNs can often come in the way of connection between the printer and the computer. To stop this from happening, you should disable the VPNs from your device.
Go through the mentioned process to remove the VPNs.
- Open settings.
- Then, go to Apps. Select Apps & features.
- Click on the VPN app.
- Now, click on Uninstall.
- In the pop-up message, click on Uninstall again.
Remove VPN from apps and features
You can also use the other method to disable or remove VPNs.
- Go to settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Then, click on VPN.
- Thereafter, select the VPN you’d like to get rid of.
- Select Disconnect.
Once you take care of the VPNs, the Wi-Fi printer connection issues will cease to exist.
Enable the WPS feature on the Router
The WPS, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, is a feature that eases the connection of devices to a wireless network. The term used for this feature may vary with each printer. It may be referred to as PBC, Wi-Fi Simple Config, Push ‘n’ Connect, or something else.
Turn on this feature on the router if the HP printer not connecting to wifi. However, make sure the router supports this feature. Also, the steps to enable the WPS feature might not be similar for all printers. For instance, you can connect an HP printer using WPS by following these steps.
- Move the printer and the computer closer to the router.
- Set the printer in WPS connection mode.
- For a printer with a touchscreen control panel, open the Setup>Network or Wireless Settings menu>WPS>Push button. Now, select Start.
- For a printer without a touchscreen control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for about five seconds or until the wireless light starts flashing.
- In less than two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router for around 5 seconds.
- Look at the printer to verify the status of the wireless light. If the light stops flashing, the printer is connected to the network.
- If not, the connection failed. In this case, restore Wi-Fi setup mode and repeat the steps above.
I found this website on Google search which is the best platform to find the multiple option to interact with users.