Quickbooks has time and time again proved itself to be an invaluable tool for entrepreneurs. It makes a challenging task like handling accounts and finances easy. This contributes not only with convenience, but it also helps in extra revenue generation. It allows the entrepreneurs to focus on the core functions of their business. However, being a software of such a stature does not make one free of errors. There are a number of glitches which might come in the way of functioning, and the QuickBooks Error 6144 is one such instance.
The QuickBooks Error 6144 is a frustrating error that can cause hindrance at a moment when you need to be on your toes.
This issue generally arises when you’re trying to start a company file. The worst thing is, when the QuickBooks Error 6144 occurs, it stops you from executing almost every task from the main or from any other system.
In this blog, we will provide you all the details you require about the Error 6144. Go through this, and try to fix the issue by yourself before you get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team. This will help you escape emergency scenarios, and also save valuable time.
Important Pointers you Need to Remember
Before you proceed to the causes or the ways to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 issue, it is very necessary to consider the understated points:
- Please ensure that you undertake all the steps on the host i.e. the server system except the final step.
- Please remember that all the systems should be properly shutdown including the host or other.
- Keep your system security software turned off.
Factors that lead to QuickBooks error 6144
In this section, we’ll outline the most common issues which cause the dreaded error 6144
- Occurrence of network issues on the server or the system in particular can lead to this error.
- Corruption of the windows system files or program files related to QuickBooks due to a virus or malware attack.
- Pernicious deletion of QuickBooks related files caused by any other program running on your system.
- Happening of a QuickBooks related change can also induce the corruption in the windows registry, ultimately leading to the error.
- Incomplete installation or damaged download of QuickBooks is also a probable reason.
Identifying the QuickBooks error 6144
Apart from the obvious appearance of the error code which reads 6144, there are also a few pointers with which you can identify the glitch. These include :
- Crashing of the active program window
- Frequent crashes in the system while running the same program.
- Windows starts to run sluggishly and does not respond to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Many times, the system might also freeze for a few seconds.
We now feel that you have a proper understanding of the QuickBooks Error 6144. We will now proceed to the key section, which is the solution to the error.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks Service Option
- To proceed with this method, click on the Start button, and then hit the Services tab in QuickBooks;
- Click the QBCFMonitoringservice icon which could be found in Services list;
- Now you need to check whether the services have started and also whether they are setup in the Automatic mode;
- If the services are not there in automatic mode, then you need to cross check the radio tab and then select the Apply and OK options respectively.
Method 2: Change the Type of Account
- The first step again is to click on the Start button;
- Now search or go to the Control Panel, and select the User Account option;
- Next step is to click on the Add/Remove user account tab, and also the QBDserviceuser23 icon and modify the account type according to your need, which can be done by verifying the administrator user icon.
Method 3: Use the C Drive for Folder Creation
To proceed with this method, you need to create a new folder with the name QB in C drive. After this, you have to choose read/write options for all the folders. The folders to be created are:
- Add system
- Add user
You also need to set permissions for the complete folder list.
Method 4: Setup Rules for Firewall
- You need to visit the Control Panel, or look for Firewall using the Search Button;
- After that, in the Advanced Settings tab, you need to click on inbound rules icon, and then move to the new rule and port icons respectively:
- Click on the Next button, and in the next window use port numbers depending upon the version of QuickBooks desktop
- To find the dynamic port number, enter QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Search bar and visit the Port Monitor tab. Take note of it as it needs to be used while setting rules for Firewall.
Method 5: Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The first step in this method is going to the Programs list and then selecting the QuickBooks icon;
- Thereafter, you need to select the QuickBooks database server manager icon in the drop-down list, then hit the add folder tab;
- Now Search and add QuickBooks folder in the system C drive and minimize the tab;
- The final step involved clicking on the Scan now tab
Method 6: Restore the QuickBooks company file
- The server system is required for this process;
- You need to click on the QuickBooks in multi-user mode, and click on open or restore company file option;
- Now you have to choose the QuickBooks company file, and then get back to business option;
- You need to cross check whether the hosting is enabled, then visit the File, and then click on the Utilities icon;
- Hit the stop multi-user access button. This would make sure that you’ll be able to access the company files on the server system.
Method 7: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks Support has developed the file doctor tool so that you can resolve the majority of the errors automatically. This tool is developed in a way that it has the capability to diagnose and fix the error by itself. All that needs to be done is to download the tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub program and then install it on your system, and then run it.
To conclude, there is no need to panic if the QuickBooks Error 6144. There are many things that can be done to resolve it. However, if the problem still persists after you’ve exhausted all the means, then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Support.
Visit for more information: Mogulvalley