Brother printers are a perfect gadget for your home, office or anywhere you would like to set up. The compact-size, high-speed, superior text quality of Brother printer makes it highly suitable for both office and home use.
Whether you are installing a new Brother printer or an existing one, all you need is, downloading the Brother printer driver. It is a software which works as a communicator between your device/computer & Brother printer and translates the command in Brother printer’s language
In simple words, Brother printer drivers help the printer to Brother Printer Driver Download understand what the computer wants to print, be it a text or image. We can say it’s a new form of technological advancement with different drivers for different Brother printer models.
Is it necessary to download the printer drivers?
Undoubtedly, it is necessary to download the Brother printer software drivers on your computer. It helps in bridging the gap between your computer and the Brother printer. You can judge the importance of Brother printer drivers with the fact that without them your printer won’t be able to understand what size image you want to print or that you want a true size scanned document instead of the smaller one.
After you download the drivers for Brother printer, the concise and clear data is transmitted between devices that help in our smooth conversation. However, you will have to update the drivers at regular intervals to ensure smooth and streamlined functioning for data transmission between device and printers.
Well, now that sounds quite clear, to avoid unexpected issues or unwanted surprises, you should always download, install and update the latest Brother printer drivers. How? That will be clear as you go down this page.
Hints that indicate your Brother printer drivers needs an update
Drivers for any printer model needs an update when a new version launches. The printer manufacturer, like Brother Inc., keeps releasing the latest updates to fix a bug in old software. Hence, installing that latest version will help you eliminate the minor technical glitches that you are facing in your printers. Various factors indicate your drivers for Brother printer needs an up-gradation. Here are the key factors.
- Technical errors: In case your Brother printer is not working the way it should be, indicates the need for Brother driver download and update. Also, if it’s not responding to some basic commands means you will have to pay heed towards drivers.
- Unresponsive printing device: Trying to scan, copy and print, but nothing is happening? No worries, you will have to navigate to the Brother printer website, check for the latest driver update and install it on your computer. That’s all it needs. Once done, you can start working with your printer with a hassle-free experience.
- Print commands crashing frequently: If your Brother printer is crashing abruptly or it is not producing the desired outputs, means your printer is in trouble and needs assistance. The problem can be easily solved once you install the latest driver updates.
How to download Brother printer drivers?
Downloading and installing brother printer drivers can be done automatically. If the manufacturer releases any new bug fixes, then you can manually download software from the Brother printer’s home website. Here you will learn all the tips and tricks to get it installed on your computer. If you face any trouble, you can directly contact the tech support team.
Way 1. Brother driver download via Brother official website
The best way to install the latest drivers for Brother printer is from the manufacturer’s official website. Here are the steps to do that.
- Firstly, you will have to navigate to the website www.support.brother.com.
- Once you land on the website, click download option under search by category.
- Now you have two options either type the model number in search by model name field and then click search. The second option is to browse using product category.
- After that, click the product series and choose the option model name.
- Now you will need to select the operating system type and click search.
- Further, click the name of the file that you want to download.
- You can also go through the instructions mentioned on this page to learn what to do once you download the file.
- Now you will land on the end-user license agreement page, read the agreement and click Agree to the EULA and download.
- The Brother printer drivers Mac download process should begin.
- You might have to follow some instructions given on-screen to complete the process.
- The files get stored in the download folder; however, the same may differ as per the browser’s settings.
- The Mac users can see the download folder in Dock. Alternatively, the user can follow the path click Finder > Go > Downloads.
- For Brother printer drivers download Windows 10 or 7, the security warning may appear, click Save over it or click Run instead.
- After downloading finishes, click close.
- Once the file is downloaded, double-click the .exe file and keep following the instructions to install it on your computer.
Way 2. Brother printer driver download via device manager
You can also use the device manager for Brother driver download and install it on your computer. Here are the steps.
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows logo key + R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc adjacent to the open field box and hit enter.
- Once the device manager screen opens, expand printer tab or click printer queues.
- Now right-click on your Brother printer model and click update driver software.
- Now choose the option search automatically for updated driver software.
- Your PC will automatically detect the updates and download it after you follow the on-screen instructions.
With that, you can download Brother printer drivers Windows 10, Windows 7, 8, XP or Mac. If you don’t have time and patience, you can contact the printer tech support experts at Brother printer helpline number.
How to Install Brother printer built-in drivers (for Windows 8, 10)
Some of the Brother printer models have built-in drivers supporting the basic functions. Depending on your printer model, you can use the following steps to install the built-in drivers without having to download them online. You can do it two ways – via USB or through a network connection. However, the later can only be used if your Brother printer supports the feature. Additionally, please note that this method is only valid for Windows 8 and above. While for Brother printer drivers windows 7, you will have to follow the traditional approach to install the drivers via device manager or Brother printer website.
You can download the built-in Brother printer driver automatically to your computer if it connects to the printer via USB cable. If you have not connected yet, take a USB cable, plug one end to the Brother printer and another end to the computer. After that, the downloading will begin automatically.
Via network connection
- Firstly, search for the Control Panel on your computer.
- Now go to the hardware and sound section.
- Click the devices and printers menu.
- Now choose the option advanced printer setup.
- After that, you will need to select the Brother printer model name and click next.
- If you cannot find the exact printer model, click the printer that I want isn’t listed and click next.
- Further, click add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and click next.
- Furthermore, type the exact IP address of Brother printer under the hostname or IP address field.
- Make sure to checkmark the box adjacent to query the printer and automatically select the driver to use and click Next.
- A new screen pops up, click Brother under the manufacturer list and choose the model and click next. Finally, again click next and click the finish button.
Above was everything about how to download the Brother printer driver update, install Brother printer, and reinstall it.
AS you can see this is the best sharing article website , Also read interesting articles.