If you notice your ATT router blinking red, don’t panic, it’s not a severe issue. And also, don’t jump to the conclusion that your router is damaged. This tutorial will tell you why your router is blinking red and how to fix it.
In this blog, we assist you in fixing the ATT router blinking red issue. You can perform 1. Restart your modem/gateway 2. Check Firmware version 3. Factory Reset
Why is ATT Router Blinking Red?
It can be not very pleasant to see your gateway broadband light blinking red ATT. It can be due to various reasons, some of which are mentioned below:
- AC power cord failure
- The firmware is outdated.
- Wall outlet problems.
- Power Outage.
On the other hand, when you observe that your ATT broadband two light is blinking red, that is a different scenario. It is often caused by the service being under maintenance. Therefore, you can’t fix it yourself because ATT engineers can only fix it.
How to ATT Router Blinking Red Issue?
Unlike other online guides, this guide will cover everything to fix the issue.
Whether you see a solid red or green light on your device, our guide will provide what you need.
Solution 1: Powe Cycle Your Modem or Gateway
The first step you have to do is restart the cycle of the modem/gateway. It will restart the connectivity of your device, refresh its network connection, and also the connection of other devices. Follow the steps:
- Unplug the power cord from the power source and wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Then, plug the power cord back into the power source and wait for the light to be normal as before.
Solution 2: Double-Check the Firmware Version
The next to fix the ATT router blinking red is to check the firmware version of the gateway.
Outdated firmware can restrict the gateway’s proficiency to perform well. Here you can find and update the firmware of the device:
- Connect the modem/gateway to the computer or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Then, type in the IP address into the browser’s address bar.
- Now, enter the credentials to log into your admin configuration.
- After that, choose AT&T Software Update>>Check For Updates from the left side.
- Wait for the hardware to detect any update is required.
- Click on the Software Update if it’s available.
Solution 3: Factory Reset the Gateway
Follow the steps to the factory reset the gateway to fix the ATT router blinking red issue:
- Firstly, look for a SIM card pin or a paper clip.
- Then, navigate the reset button, which is situated on the backside of the hardware.
- Using the pin, press the reset button and hold it for 15 seconds until the lights go off.
- Release it when the light turns on.
If you see your ATT router blinking red, don’t worry about it. You can use the solutions mentioned earlier to fix the issue. You can perform a restart, factory reset, or update the firmware to resolve the blinking problem. We hope this guide helps you.