The wireless printer setup is one of the core elements of business activities at workplaces. Doing it in the desired manner ensures the availability of your printing machine for official purposes and when you feel the need for it. Read the article below to understand all the required steps to connect Brother printer to wifi.
Before moving ahead with the steps to setup brother printer wifi, it is a wise idea to note down the settings and important information related to your WPS network on a piece of paper. Next, keep all the noted information safe as it can come in handy later. The two important things that you must make a note of are the network name and network key details.
You can find this useful piece of information on either the backside of the router or on the documentation such as the invoice of your Brother printer.
After locating the settings of your wireless router, you are now ready to set up your wireless printer. Below mentioned are the multiple methods to connect brother printer to wifi.
Solutions to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi
Fix 1 -Use WLAN to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
Wondering how to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi? No worries, it does not take much effort. All you need to do is perform a few simple steps to accomplish the task.
- Examine the side or base of the access point or wireless router.
- Now, go through the documentation thoroughly. You will likely find the requisite information linked to the network name and password key on the backside of the access point and wireless router.
- The next thing you need to do is set up your Brother printer. For this, locate the power cord and connect it to your Brother printer machine. Next, connect it to an electronic socket to power it on.
- Tap the menu button on the control panel of the machine.
- Next, choose the network using the up and down keys again.
- Press the navigation keys (arrow keys) to choose WLAN and then press OK.
- Now select setup wizard by tapping the up and down (arrow keys) and hit OK upon the completion of this step.
- On the next screen, you will see a prompt to enable WLAN. Select yes to start the WLAN wireless setup wizard.
- You will see a list of the available networks that are within the range of your machine. Use the up and down (arrow keys) to choose your preferred network on the list. Once you have chosen your preferred network, click OK.
- Next, you need to perform an action, depending on the type of authentication method which you have set up.
- You may either set up an open system authentication method or the one which necessitates a network key. If
you happen to have set up the authentication method which necessitates a network key to unlock the profile, enter the key and press OK and then click Yes to allow the changes to take place. If the authentication method set up by you is an open system, then proceed to the next step.
- The machine will begin the process of connecting to your chosen wireless network. If the machine connects successfully to the chosen wireless network, a message indicating the same will appear on the screen. Also, you will see a message “brother printer not connecting to wifi “ corresponding to the failure of the process to your selected WiFi wireless network.
Fix 2 -Use Printer Drivers to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
You can easily Connect Brother Printer Wireless via installing drivers and Softwares. For that, simply follow the instructions below:
- First, Access your system with administrator credentials. Abort all the programs running in the system background before you initiate the driver installation.
- Disable your antivirus till your software setup is in progress and you can enable it after installation.
- You must have got a CD with your Brother Printer instruction documents.
- Use the CD and initiate the setup procedure.
- When your system initiates the setup process, it will ask you to choose the nearby Brother Printer that you want to connect with the network. It also gives you the choice to choose your preferred language.
- A window will appear on your screen with the various installation processes.
- We recommend Pro-suite as it provides a full Drive & software package. It includes both wireless and wired network options for you.
- After selecting the suite, click on the Next button.
- Now, choose the wireless network to which you want to connect your Brother Printer and Select Next.
If any antivirus window appears on your system screen, It will provide two options:
- You can alter the antivirus port and initiate network connection to continue the installation of setup.
- You can continue without altering the port
- Select the first option and continue the procedure.
- Set the antivirus port or user datagram protocol port (UDP) to 54925. If the port doesn’t work properly and shows an error, then enter UDP as 137.
- The last step is to read the instructions & follow the on-screen prompts.
- Keep clicking on the Next button till the setup completes.
- After the setup completes, your brother printer will be successfully connected.
Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable
Printer Drivers are the most significant part of the system as they guide the printer as to how to function. It creates an understandable connection between the computer and the printer model. These enable the computer to talk to the printer in a language that the printer can understand. Thus printing exactly what you see on the computer screen. But what if the computer is unable to talk to the printer? It will simply show “Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable”.
Now you must be wondering what this error exactly means and how to solve this so that you can continue printing. The probable cause for this error can be an incompatibility between your printer drivers with the computer system, or it has become outdated. If this is the case then your device starts showing Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable error.
Now if you are facing a similar issue and want to solve it at the earliest, then stay tuned.
In this blog, we discuss the most appropriate yet easy solutions to this error.
How to Fix Brother Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error?
Brother printer showing “Driver is Unavailable” is not something new. It generally appear when you are using outdated Windows OS. Here, one can check out the causes and fixes for brother printer driver unavailable issues.
Check Wired Connections of Printer and Computer
Firstly check whether all the wires and cables associated with the printer are rightly connected to their respective sockets. Also, ensure that the computer is also well connected with your printer.
After fixing the wires, try using the printer. If everything seems fine and still the printer shows the same error, then follow the next solutions.
Restart your Printer
Many problems can be solved by simply restarting the device. Thus, switch off the computer and restart the same. This is a quick and effective solution to solve any issue which includes Brother Printer driver unavailable issue.
- With the printer turned on, pull out the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the printer back into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Run a test print.
- If the error persists, move on to the following solutions.
Run Troubleshooter for Brother Printer
Follow the steps to run a printer troubleshooter:
- Click on the Start button to open Control Panel
- Click on Hardware and Sounds → Devices and Printers
- In this tab, you will find Brother Printer, right-click to select Troubleshoot
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- Troubleshooting the printer will help to find and fix any probable issue causing the error.
Install Pending Windows Updates
Check the updates section of your computer. If you find any pending windows updates, then firstly install all these updates. We many times ignore these updates. And ignoring these can cause incompatibility between computer software and hardware. Follow the steps to install the latest windows updates:
- Click on the Start Button and type ‘updates’ in the search box
- ‘Check for Updates’ will appear on the screen. Click to open the tab
- In this tab, you will find pending windows updates, install these.
- Again click on the Check for Updates option to check for any latest windows updates.
- Installing the updates will take some time. This will update your windows to its latest versions, enhancing its functioning. This will help to solve the “Brother Printer Driver Unavailable”.
Update Brother Printer Drivers
If you’ve allowed your computer to install updates as and when they are available, then you might not have to follow this step. But in case you have not, then that might be causing the error. These regular updates keep your device compatible with the latest versions of windows. It is very important to install printer driver updates as these helps in the smooth functioning of the computer and the printer.
Follow the steps to update Brother Printer Drivers:
- Make sure your device is well connected to the internet
- Search Brother printer website as per your country
- Now click on ‘Support & Downloads’ → ‘Choose Your Product’
- Now find your printer model
- When you click to open your printer’s model, you’ll find a list of devices
- Select your Windows type and click ‘ok’
- Now you will find driver files for your computer, click to download
- Install these driver files in your system
- Now this will install the compatible drivers for your printer and help you eliminate the “Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable” error.
Uninstall and Re-install Printer Drivers
If the error still persists, then uninstall the printer drivers and install fresh driver files from the internet.
Follow the steps below to uninstall the driver files from your computer:
- Click on the Start button to open Control Panel
- Click on Hardware and Sounds → Devices and Printers
- In this tab, you will find Brother Printer, right-click to select Uninstall
- This will uninstall all existing driver files from your computer and you can download the fresh driver files from the Brother Printer Webpage as mentioned in Solution 5.
Read here other post on this website